- Books in the main collection are loaned for 28 days
- SCI materials for one week
- Periodicals are loaned to M.U.M. community patrons only, for a period of one week. The most current periodicals do not circulate.
Avoid fines; 20c per day for all overdues. Please return or renew books before due date:
- DVDs: 3 day checkout, no renewal, no exceptions.
- VHS: 7 days’ checkout.
- Books: Items in the main collection: 28 days; SCI materials for one week. Periodicals are loaned to
- MUM patrons only, for a period of one week. The most current periodicals do not circulate.
Replacement Costs: $15.00 processing fee, plus cost of item.
- You can use the online book catalog to reserve a book that is checked out to another patron, so that it can be held for you when it is returned.
- You will be notified on return, and you should come in and get the book promptly at that time.
- Interlibrary Loan is free to students and faculty researching material or preparing classes.
- Online forms: Look in left bar for Interlibrary Loan on the library home page for links to the forms
- Non-academic fee: $8.00 per item. Please contact the public library for personal books and interlibrary loans.
- You may renew your books (not movies) as long as another patron has not put a “hold” on it.
- In person: but it is not necessary to bring the books in.
- By email: Send your name and student ID to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: Call 472-1154 during library hours.
- Online: For access, go to the MUM online catalog. When the search screen appears, click on “My Account”, and enter your student ID.
- Movies can be brought in and checked out a second time.
- MUM community only: 5c a page.
- All others: 10c a page.
- Black and white copier: All copies are 10c per page. Discount for 10 or more.
- Color Printer, Scanner, Photoshop and OCR software available at workstation in Reference Room Please see the Reference Librarian or call x3733 to schedule the use of the workstation. Color copies are 30c per page.
Copyright Notice: Materials copied on equipment supplied by Maharishi University of Management Library may be copyright protected under US Code. Please see our display on copyright next to copiers. Maharishi University of Management requires that individuals copy only in a legal and ethical manner.
22 PCs and a Mac lab in the library are connected to the internet; wired connections for laptops (we don’t use wireless technology).
Computers in the reference room have software and peripherals for graphics:
- Scanner, OCR, Photoshop
- CD and DVD burners
- Color Printer ($0.30 per page)
- Adobe Creative Suite 2
- Microsoft Office Professional
Contact Reference Librarian for access to these features.
Go to the tape library door next to the circulation desk, pull the string to the bell, and wait. The hours are:
- 10-11:45 AM and 1:15-3:15 PM
- 8:05-9:00 PM except Friday
- Closed Sunday afternoons
Prearranged tape: contact Peter Freund, email@example.com or call x4045
See our list of movies in DVD and VHS format, including new arrivals.
Follow http://www.mumlibrary.com for articles and events.
Add “mum library” as a friend to receive notices of special events.
Librarian with library degree available for:
- individual consultation in helping with databases, finding reference books and other resources, structuring presentations
- group presentations
- requests for more materials
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 641-472-7000 x3733
- Public restrooms are in the basement: exit through the west foyer of the Library and the stairs on the left. The restrooms will be on the right.
- Disabled patrons may use the staff bathrooms. Ask at the circulation desk.