- You are responsible for giving timely feedback to the student on their questions and their drafts. The respectful time is two weeks’ turn-around.
- To allow this to happen, ask the student to give you an overview of their dissertation (2-3 pages) so that you can discuss the larger flow.
- Ask the student to give you parts of their dissertation so you can give it due attention.
- You are not the copy editor of the student’s dissertation. In the very beginning, identify any writing deficiencies and have the student address those.
Other committee members:
- You are responsible for giving timely feedback to the student on their questions and their drafts. The respectful time is two-weeks turn around.
- The chair should have gone through the document first, so the draft that you see should be of high quality.