Principal Designated School Officer
This position will fill the traditional role of PDSO as the principal contact with SEVP managing the visa related issues of F-1 foreign students at the institution and supervising and training Designated School Officers (DSO).
As part of the background check process, this position will require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check and MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. MUM is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Required Qualifications: Management/supervisory skills; and strong communication and training skills are required.
US citizenship or lawful permanent residence status (necessary to qualify as a PDSO)
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with individuals from a wide range of cultural backgrounds.
Career Development Associate
• Lead group breakout practice sessions for the three week Career Strategies workshops (ten per year, three weeks long).
• Make presentations to the class/workshop (average 30 to 50 students) and Career Strategies classes (100 students) in Dalby Hall on professional job search topics.
• Provide one on one coaching support to students in their job search in person and remotely. Guide them through all the components and issues necessary for a successful job search.
• Give creative input for ongoing development of course materials.
• Interface with recruiters and hiring managers to support students’ hires.
• Give references for students to recruiters and companies.
• Organize on campus visits for companies to interview students.
• Perform administrative duties.Performance areas
• Teamwork – Works in collaboration with others; supports the work and goals of others; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives credit to others when appropriate; accepts criticism and feedback; shows loyalty to those not present by avoiding backbiting and gossip.
• Achieves Results – Achieves needed results; takes initiative and responsibility; seeks solutions to operational problems; listens and communicates adequately and effectively; keeps others informed; completes job responsibilities in a timely manner.
• Personal Organization – Plans and organizes work; demonstrates dependability and good attendance; adapts to changes in the work environment; makes decisions and demonstrates good judgment; handles multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Knowledge/Learning – Demonstrates and develops job knowledge and skills; demonstrates creativity/innovation in work; increases understanding of how his/her work relates within the department and organization.
• Demonstrates leadership skills; model to students the role of a recruiter/hiring manager.
Bachelors degree. Excellent communication and organizing skills required. Must be fluent with Word, Excel, and using Internet as a resource. Coaching or teaching experience preferred, but will train.
IT Career Coach
University Career Center / Non-Faculty: The Technical Coach assists the Director of Career Development and Technical Director training MSCS international students to acquire employment in the U.S.
As part of a skilled team, prepare MSCS students for IT technical interviews, tests, and resume development to acquire employment in the U.S. Will have an active role in three-week Career Strategies workshops giving technical guidance. Guide students in various aspects in their job search in group and one on one coaching.
• Must have 2+ years of software development experience in the U.S. including strong Java skills
• Ability to understand a variety of technologies.
• Guide students for the appropriate job track in individual resume consultations.
• Inter-personal and technical skills to prepare students in one on one coaching for technical tests for variety of job positions.
• Good technical writing and verbal communication skills that include making presentations to large groups.
• Ability to review and understand technical job requirements of job postings.
• Possess strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
• Earned a B.S in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, or related area of Computer field from a regionally accredited institution
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Skills.
• Knowledge of resume writing, interview preparation skills, and job search techniques.
• Experience working with International Students.
• Knowledge of Additional Software Languages.
The MSCS program at Maharishi University of Management is the most successful program of its kind in the U.S. There are currently over 700 students in the program working in top U.S. companies. The Career Center has achieved a 98% hiring rate for the MSCS students over the last 8 years. If you like to have fun on the job, like to share ideas, and have a passion for excellence, come join our team!
Send resume and cover letter to Jim Garrett at firstname.lastname@example.org.